Geoff Fuw

| map-marker Manassas, Virginia

Lack of service, accountability, and benefits

The initial agent we spoke with was friendly, but he booked us the wrong room. By the time we caught his error and called back the next day, he was unreachable and another agent told us the price for the room we had wanted had gone up in price by a couple hundred dollars.

They did absolutely nothing to fix it. Later we found a coupon code that our cruise line and most travel agents accept, but cheapcruises.com is refusing to honor it.

Their 'benefits' are not as good as some of their competitors, such as not including gratuities, even though their prices are no better than we could have gotten through our cruise line directly. I will be telling everyone asking about booking cruises to absolutely avoid cheapcruises.com.

User's recommendation: Avoid

Amanda F Enx

Scam, Avoid. Go direct.

At the very moment we paid off two rooms for our Royal Caribbean cruise, suddenly there were packages added to my account that we never requested. The rep was telling us we had to pay this amount or lose our cruise.

They said it was added by us directly through the cruise line. I can tell you with absolute certainty that did not happen. I called Royal and they told me that the travel agency added the packages and they told me it was added the exact same day we paid the balance of the rooms. I spoke to the rep at cheap cruises again and told him that it needed to be removed.

He said he couldnt do it and we owed the balance within 24 hours. I mentioned to him that the other traveler is a lawyer and we will do what is necessary. He said he would speak to a manager. He put me on hold for almost 10 minutes.

He came back and said you are in luck, because manager was able to get Royal to make an exception. I called Royal after and spoke to an agent. They said somebody just called in from the travel agent to have it removed. I asked if it would have caused me to lose my room and the agent said no and told me I was lied to.

They also told me they have many issues with cheap cruises and others like them doing this. They always suggest booking directly with the cruise line. If you book direct with the cruise line and you want to make a change, they do not penalize you with fees. Never again will I use cheap cruises or any other travel agent.

By the way. I was supposed to get a rebate from cheap cruises. We said 3 months ago and they still have not provided it.

I have read many reviews this happens to others. A LOT.

Loss:

Preferred solution: I just want to warn others.

User's recommendation: Avoid avoid avoid

Keri T Ads

Verified Buyer

Horrible company

CheapCruises Com - Horrible company
I made a reservation with Cheap cruises and paid in full for my cruise. Since then they have tried to add random charges 3 times, this last charge they tried to say I owed over $300, agents are rude and tried to take me for a fool DO NOT TRUST THEM, THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!! I do not recommend using them
Loss:
Cons:
  • Are rude and try to rip you off

Preferred solution: Free add ons or cruise credit

User's recommendation: Find another company

Delia P Ged
map-marker Verdello, Lombardy

Very poor service. Told one thing but charged me extra when reservation was already complted

I was told what package I needed to get everything included. Now being told my cruise line I have nothing included and had to pay 1500 more. Very upset because this is a family cruise and dont want to miss it. So before you book make sure you get named. Better yet use a Trust worthily agent. Have made several complaints but no help.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Did not give bonus promised

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Go some where else

Gloria P Hcn

Unsatisfied

The name cheap cruises is fake. Not only are theyre not cheap cruises. The regular website for carnival cruises is cheaper than they are.. customer service is very bad. You leave a message for them and you dont get a return call. Do they help you with any issues? No all they do is they were understaffed. I feel as though I do not ever want to use them again.

Gloria P Hcn

| map-marker Riverside, California

Horrible customer service

Please beware lies. Customer service sucks. No one returns your calls. Overcharged not cheap. they are the worst. Next time I will book directly to the line never again

User's recommendation: Don’t use keep cruises

Chane Ysm
map-marker Athens, Attica

Open Bar advertisement

The listing was advertised as open bar, but I did not receive open bar. I had to pay for all drinks.
map-marker Maricopa, Arizona

Cancellation Policy Not disclosed in Writing

Cancelled my cruise in March for a July Alaska cruise with Celebrity Cruise Line. Paid $1002 in deposit to Cheap Cruises. Was told the $500 was paid to Celebrity and it was non-refundable, the additional charges was to pre-pay the add on trip cancellation insurance. And that is also non-refundable. Nothing in writing on their cancellation policy about it. Next step is to dispute the charges with my credit card company. Hopefully they will step in and remove the charges since nothing was in writing and Cheap Cruises just can't make money off of made-up cancellation charges!

User's recommendation: Book direct with the cruise line; no savings here

map-marker New York, New York

Horrible customer service

I believe her name was Annette. She just snapped b/c I ask for more detail of the pricing. It didn't match what was on line. I thought her job was to help.
Paul O Hed

Take additional money

I booked a cruise and they charged me 24.99 over the cost and provided no extra perks as travel agencies normally do. Told me if it was a different crude line they would but the one line I chose, they don't.

No benefit to use them. Told them I have a loyalty number for the cruise line and they said it couldn't be processed. Let me cancel then. That'll be $100 cancellation plus the initial$24.99 charge.

I then booked direct with the cruise line and was able to use the loyalty number and was cheaper than cheap cruises even with the $124.99 extortion fee for no service provided. After paying the service for no service fee I still saved a little money from what I was paying through cheap cruises.com.

They offered no value for using them and they charge you extra no matter what. Lesson learned..I cancelled a few days after booking when them.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Were nice while screwing you
Cons:
  • Being charged 125 after cancellation in 24 hours

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do your research and don't get roped into extra fees with no service

Paul O Hed

They wouldn't refund any amount. I booked direct with cruise line and paid less than what cheap cruises were offering me.

I was able to use a loyalty#-which cheap cruises said I couldn't and I paid less even with cheap cruises charging me$125 and providing nothing for it. Don't use cheap cruises.

Use a travel agent or book direct with cruise company. $125 lesson learned

John B Rln

Deceptive incentives

Cheapcruises.com offers incentives for the consumer to book with them. The bait is up to $1500 on board ship credit. The switch is a one hundred dollar on board credit or gift card. I will never ever book with these people again.
Cons:
  • Deceptive advertising

Preferred solution: Ten percent on board credit

User's recommendation: Don’t do business with cheapcruises.com

Michael W Hvo

Verified Buyer

Very bad service

CheapCruises Com - Very bad service
Ran into difficulties not resolved by them and got charged $100 extra as a penalty fee on top of it. Could not get travel documentation in time without going through an expedited service for another $500 dollars. Would not refund said I was too late(booked on Friday 63 days out, no service on Saturday could only call Monday). Trip insurance did not cover this either money out $454.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Avoid like the plague

| map-marker Lynnwood, Washington

Their travel insurance they recommend - AON does everything they can NOT to pay a claim when you have to cancel your trip because of sickness.

Got sick, had to cancel cruise and flights. AON will NOT pay the claim. They are even asking for December 08, 2021 - Verification from the applicable medical professional requiring your quarantine and length of that quarantine. My partner's doctor, never asked for quarantine.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't use Cheap Cruises

Eugene L Gkg

Waiting four weeks for reply from Debbie#36677

I'm a diamond member, which means I should get $150. onboard credit for my January 27th cruise which was not on my onboard credit, I gave Debbie my confirmation #4357****, and asked if I could get the additional $150. credit on my cruise on March 20th 2022 #4354**** waiting 4 weeks and numerous phone calls, and no response, when Cheap cruises wants my $24.99 they take it right away for customer service!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Easy to plan website
Cons:
  • Lying customer service who doesnt know whats going on

Preferred solution: $150. cruise credit on March 20th cruise#43549165 which would be an additional, so total would be $300.

User's recommendation: I have done multiple cruises, and have been giving excellent ratings

sandra B Sbj
map-marker Miami, Florida

All you get when you call are excuses why you dont get what they advertise!

Didn't get what you advertised when booking through you.All I got when calling and excuses and apologies!

Preferred solution: All that was advertised!

User's recommendation: Dont use them...

| map-marker Lynnwood, Washington

Poor Travel Insurance provided by Cheap Cruises

I purchased a cruise from cheap cruises. They suggested I protect it with travel insurance they provided through AON insurance company.

My partner got sick before the trip and we had to cancel our cruise a week later. Cheap cruises would NOT refund our money. They said they would refund only the port taxes. I made a claim with AON travel insurance.

It has been over a month since I submitted my claim and all relevant info. AON is now requesting information asking for December 08, 2021 - Verification from the applicable medical professional requiring your quarantine and length of that quarantine There was no quarantine requested by her doctors office as she did not have covid, Only the flu . We have told this to AON and they keep dragging their feet to pay the claim. We paid $185 for their travel insurance.

They are a bogus company and should be avoided. Also, don't use CHEAP CRUISES as this is the only travel insurance they offer.

User's recommendation: Avoid Cheap Cruises Travel Insurance AON

thomas w Lav

Don't buy travel insurance from Cheap Cruises as they use AON insurance which is a company that asks for volumes of information and proof that are not relevant to the claim and has a lot of exceptions in their fine print to avoid paying a claim.

About